2020 Christmas Tree Patch Information.
Sold out of Trees for the 2020 Christmas Season. Looking forward to the 2021 Christmas Tree Season!
Sold out of all Fraser Firs except for a handful of 5ft-6ft $59. 1 Ball and Burlap Tree (live) White Pine left 4ft-5ft tall ready for you to plant. We have….. Cut your own Christmas Trees! The patch is now open for the 2020 Season! The choose and cut patch is open Monday-Saturday 8a.m.-5p.m. Last folks to the patch around 4:45. Saturday Dec 19 is the last day that the patch will be open. We have sold a lot of trees out of the Choose and Cut Patch the past couple of years. There are WHITE PINE 10ft-13ft tall, all $59 help us move these trees out of the patch so we can make room to plant more next year. There are Norway Spruces, Canaan Firs and Colorado Blue Spruce 5ft-6ft tall that are $59 and are tagged. Norway Spruces, Canaan Firs, 6ft-7ft tall are tagged and are $69. There are ar few Norway Spruces and Canaan Firs 7ft-8ft tall tagged and are $79. We are planting new trees every year, trying to get caught up. It takes 6-8 yrs to get a 6ft-8ft tall tree. See below for more details on our trees!
When it’s the Christmas season at Miller Farms Market, it’s time for:
- Eggnog from South Mountain Creamery
- Christmas Trees —We have Christmas Trees! Choose from Fresh Cut Fraser Firs 5ft-10ft tall. White Pine 10ft-13ft tall, Norway Spruce 4ft-8ft, a few Colorado Blue Spruce 4ft-6ft, and Canaan Fir 4ft-8ft are all available in our Choose and Cut patch.
- Cut-your-own Christmas Tree Patch—Located across the road from our Market. Check in at the Market before heading to the patch. Follow the signs. Drive down past the Strawberry patch and turn to the right. There are 3 separate patches. The farthest patch has the most trees to choose from. There are great photo ops in the tree patch! If you don’t find what you are looking for, check out our Fresh Cut Fraser Firs in the barns behind the Market.
- Fresh-cut Fraser Firs— Sold out of everything except a handful of 5ft-6ft Fraser Firs. The Fraser Fir Trees are from Willow Springs Tree Farm, owned and operated by our cousins in Christiansburg, Virginia. Our trees stay fresh for so long, because they are cut right before they are shipped. Buying a Christmas Tree from Miller Farms is special because: We have all of our trees displayed so that you can see all sides of your tree, we give you a fresh cut on the butt of your tree, we have netting to wrap the larger trees, we will load your tree for you and tie it to your vehicle. And of course Southern Hospitality all Free of Charge!
- Ball-and-burlap trees—The ball and burlap trees are, Concolor Fir, and White Pine. 4ft-5ft tall $99.
- The secret to long lasting trees
- Fresh greenery—Place that welcoming touch on your doors and windows. Let us know what you are looking for and we’ll be glad to help you.
- Advent Candles available too
- Our Gift Shop—Open throughout the year, our Gift Shop is loaded with seasonal goodies. Whether it’s autumn candles and pumpkin potpourri, or homespun tea towels and handmade Christmas treasures you‘re looking for, our gift shop has something special for everyone’s home. For a thoughtful gift that lasts well into the new year, Gift Certificates to our market are also available.
This is a short needled tree with stiff branches which are quite suitable for relatively heavy ornaments. The spacing between the branches is wide enough to allow for lights and ornaments deep into the foliage. A Norway Spruce should only be bought as a Choose and Cut Tree and the trunk should be immersed in water as soon as possible after cutting. Remember to keep it well watered. We have personally tested this tree for the Christmas season and manage to keep it going for 5 weeks before significant needle drop occurs. However, this is the only tree about which we receive the occasional complaint. When its needles drop, it is not just one or two but all of them simultaneously. We recommend keeping it away from sources of heat and direct sunlight. 5ft and shorter are untagged $59. 5ft-6ft are tagged $59. 6ft-7ft are tagged $69. 7ft-8ft are tagged $79.
Colorado Blue Spruce
A slow growing dense foliage short needled tree with a variety of colors from deep green to a stunning silver blue. In December they tend a bit more to the green color whereas in the spring they tend more toward the silver blue color. The needles are very prickly and most of clients find that they need gloves to trim the tree. The branches are very stiff and take heavy ornaments well. They are usually a bit smaller because of their slow growth and our clients tend to cut all of them as soon as they reach a desirable height. They keep their needles well and a healthy tree should last up to six weeks if it is cared for properly. Keep it in water and away from heat sources. We have very few Colorado Blue Spruce available. We are increasing the number being planted and should have a great supply in the future, but it is a 7-10 year process. Choose and cut Colorado Blue Spruce. 5ft and shorter are untagged $59. 5ft-6ft are tagged $59. 6ft-7ft are tagged. $69.
The White Pine has soft, flexible needles and is bluish-green in color. White Pine’s have good needle retention, and aren’t recommended for heavy ornaments. The needles are soft, flexible and bluish-green to silver green in color and are regularly arranged in bundles of five. Needles are 2 1/2-5 inches long and are usually shed at the end of the second growing season. Needle retention is good to excellent. White pine has very little aroma, but, conversely, is reported to result in fewer allergic reactions than do some of the more aromatic species. To produce a 6-foot tree requires 6-8 years on good sites. White Pines are an excellent choice for lighter ornaments and lights. 10ft-13ft tall. All are tagged. $59. That’s right, $59 help us move these big trees out so we can make more room for planting more trees.
Canaan (pronounced “Ka-naan”, with emphasis on the last syllable) is a relative newcomer to the Christmas tree market. It has many similarities to the Fraser Fir in growth, appearance, and needle retention. Canaan fir is so-named because several of the original trees were identified from a limited area in West Virginia, generally referred to as the Canaan Valley. Fraser Firs will not grow in our area because our elevation is too low. We grow the Canaan Firs because of the characteristics they share with the Fraser Fir. 5ft and shorter are untagged $59. 5ft-6ft are marked 6ft-7ft are tagged. $69. 7ft-8ft are tagged $79.