CSA Detailed Information
- Duration: The duration of our 2021 Full Season CSA is 33 weeks. The duration of our Spring, Summer, and Fall CSA seasons are 11 weeks each.
- The Full Season will begin on April 19 and run through December 4, 2021.
- The Spring CSA season will begin April 19 and run through July 3, 2021.
- The Summer CSA season will begin July 5 and run through September 18, 2021.
- The Fall CSA season will begin September 20 and run through December 4, 2021.
- Each CSA membership will contain coupons for items or produce from our market.
• FULL: Your payment for the 33 week full season is due in full by April 17, 2021.
• SPRING: Your payment for the Spring CSA is due in full by April 17, 2021.
• SUMMER: Your payment for the Summer CSA is due in Full by July 3, 2021.
• FALL: Your payment for the Fall CSA is due in Full by September 18, 2021.
• Your Payment is N0N-REFUNDABLE.
- Discounts: If you sign up for any of our CSA’s by January 9, 2021, you will receive a 5% discount.
- Pick-up times and location:
You must select one designated pick-up day that remains in effect during the length of the agreement. See the application for more details concerning vacations, etc. We encourage you to coordinate pick-ups with friends to help save time and gas. Choices are:
- Tuesday through Saturday, from 12:00pm-5pm at Miller Farms Market located at 12101 Orange Plank Rd, Locust Grove, VA 22508.
Once a week, any day between Tuesday through Saturday, from 10am-5pm at Miller Farms Market located at 12101 Orange Plank Rd, Locust Grove, VA 22508.
- Produce Selection: Our goal is to provide you with a selection of fresh, high quality produce that is equivalent to $30 retail value per week. On most weeks the value of the crate will exceed the share value especially during the middle of the growing season. We package all CSA shares in the same size crate (1/2 bushel) and with the same quantity of produce for each customer. We understand that everyone has preferences, but at this time substitutions will not be allowed.Since we operate a farmer’s market on our farm, we have additional produce and products for sale. Additional products available in our Market include: Miller Farms Grass Fed Beef from cattle on our Farm; Miller Farms pastured Broiler Chickens raised on the pastures at Miller Farms; South Mountain Creamery Milk, Ice Cream, Cheese, Butter, and Cream Cheese; Papa Weaver’s Pork; Miller Farms Honey and other Local Honey; JoJo’s Jams and Jellies; Shawnee Springs products; Route 11 Chips; and Good Earth Peanuts.
- Special requests: If you would like additional produce for a special event or for freezing or canning, please let us know and we will be happy to provide you with an estimated cost and availability.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 540-850-5009 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Changes: We allow one pick-up day change per customer (Ready-to-Go customers) and one vacation per customer. Please see #2 and #3 below for our rules on pick-up day changes and vacation schedules. If at any time you would like to make arrangements for a friend to pick up your CSA share, please feel free to do so. This is actually very helpful to us.
- Scheduled Pick-up Day Change:
- When you complete the Ready-to-Go CSA application, you will select one designated pick-up day that remains in effect during the length of the agreement. Pick-up location is the Market on our farm. You are responsible for picking up your share on your selected pick-up day. We allow one pick-up day change per customer, per 11 week season, which must be coordinated with us one week in advance. Pick-up day changes that are not coordinated one week in advance will be considered a missed pick – up and your share for that week will be donated.
- When you complete the Choose-Your-Own CSA application, you can come in any day, Tuesday through Saturday each week.
- Vacation: We allow one vacation week per season per customer. If you have signed up for the full season 33 week option, then you will have 3 vacation weeks. There is one vacation week allowed for each 11 week season. Your vacation week must be coordinated with us one week in advance. If you will be on vacation and unable to pick up your share one week, you must provide us with notice one week in advance in order to receive a double share the week before or the week after your vacation. Vacations that are not coordinated one week in advance will be considered a missed pick up and your share for the week will be donated.
- Refunds: WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS!
- Missed Pick-ups: If you miss your pick-up, contact us ASAP (email@example.com) and we will try to work with you to make sure you are still able to pick up your crate.
- Returning your box: You are responsible for returning your produce box each week. Your produce share will be packaged in 1/2 bushel crates. When you pick up your weekly share, please remember to return the box from the previous week. If you forget your crate, there will be a $5.00 charge for a new crate.