2018 Pumpkin Patch Information (also see our Wholesale information)
2018 Pumpkin Season is winding down.
The field for pick your own pumpkins has closed for the 2018 season. There are still pumpkins, and winter squash available in the Market for you baking needs. The rest of the information here regarding pumpkins applies during pumpkin season. There are lots of pumpkins for you to pick from the bins in the barn. Stroll through the flower beds behind the Market and check out all the Jack O Lanterns, Heirlooms Pumpkins, Mini Pumpkins, Gourds, and Winter Squash!
Pumpkins are also available in the barns by the Greenhouse behind the Market. Look for them at the Market. All pumpkins are $.75/lb. Mini pumpkins and gourds are $1 each. Winter Squash is $1/lb. Or you can get a wheelbarrow load for $85. You can mix and match what goes in your wheelbarrow! Big pumpkins, little pumpkins, heirloom pumpkins, mini pumpkins, gourds, and winter squash. You are welcome to pile the wheelbarrow up, but you must be able to get it to the counter in the Market and your vehicle without the pumpkins falling off and without someone holding them on the wheelbarrow.
Our Annual Taste of the Market is Saturday October 6th. Come see! Come learn! Come taste the difference! Buy Fresh! Buy Local!
Free Parking, Free Fresh Air! No Admission Charge!
ALL YOU PAY FOR IS THE PUMPKIN!
When it’s Pumpkin Time at Miller Farms Market, it’s time for:
- Pumpkins—Come enjoy old fashioned pumpkin picking, where all you pay for is the pumpkin. Explore our 20 acres of pumpkins, gourds, mini pumpkins, and winter squash in search of the perfect pumpkin. Big pumpkins, medium pumpkins, little pumpkins, and different colored pumpkins. We have the perfect pumpkin for you!
- Wholesale Pumpkin Information—We are sold out of some sizes for wholesale. Plenty of Jack O lantern size, plenty of mini pumpkins, and winter squash. Place your wholesale pumpkin order early!
- Hayrides—Free Parking! Free Parking! No Admission Charge! Free Fresh Air! Free hayrides to and from the Pumpkin Patch begin Saturday September 29th. Hayrides are 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Saturdays and Columbus Day. Hayrides Monday-Friday are from 4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Fall Decorating— Come see our beautiful acorn squash and heirloom pumpkins in all their colors. These pumpkins are featured in the decorating articles often found in Martha Stewart, Country Home, and Southern Living. Remember we also have straw and cornstalk bundles for your decorating needs.
- How to Cook a Pumpkin—Learn how to cook a pumpkin. Tastes so much better than canned pumpkin and your house smells so good while the pumpkin or winter squash is baking!
- Orange Pumpkins:
- Pie (3-5 lbs.)
- Small (8-10 lbs.)
- Medium (15-20 lbs.)
- Large (20-24 lbs.)
- Extra Large (30 lbs. and larger)
- White—all white
- Blue Delight—blue/gray
- Long Island Cheese—tan
- Cinderella—reddish orange
- Fairytale—Cinderella shape, buckskin color
- One Too Many—red veins across a white background
- Red Warty Thing—bright orange, heavily warted, hubbard type flesh
- Gourds and Minatures
- Baby Boo—white
- Gourds—wide selection of colors
- ‘Lil Pump-Ke-Mon—orange and green stripes with white background
- Hooligan—white, green, and orange mottled color and deeply ribbed
- Half Pint—small orange about the size of grapefruit
- Winter Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Hubbard Squash
- Spaghetti Squash